Subject: [VÄLJAST] INVITATION: Consultations on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights in Europe: 12-13 November
From: "Therese Arnesen" <[email-masked]>
To: "Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2024 19:22:50 +0200

Dear whom it may concern,

I hope this message finds you well.

Greetings from the UN Human Rights Office in Geneva.

We are organizing a consultation on economic, social and cultural rights in 
Europe in partnership with the Swedish Institute for Human Rights, Danish 
Institute for Human Rights, the Raoul Wallenberg Institute, and the German 
Institute for Human Rights. The consultation is taking place in Copenhagen 
on 12 and 13 November 2024.

We would be delighted if a representative from your institution could make 
it there, either in person or online.

Please find below and attached the invite, concept note and agenda, in the 
case that this could be of interest.

I stand available to answer any question that you may have.

Warm regards,

Therese Arnesen

Therese Arnesen
Human Rights Officer
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Section
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
E-mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Web:  <http://www.ohchr.org/> www.ohchr.org

From: OHCHR-BROADCASTTONHRIs < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, 27 September 2024 16:03
To: OHCHR-BROADCASTTONHRIs < <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]>
Cc: Therese Arnesen < <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]>
Subject: INVITATION: Consultation on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights

Dear NHRI representatives,

Please find attached an invitation and concept note on an upcoming 
Consultation on Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights (ESCR) taking place on 
12 and 13 November 2024 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

The consultation focuses on discussing key ESCR challenges in Europe, 
focusing inter alia on the rights to adequate housing, food, social 
security, health, and more. It provides an opportunity for national human 
rights institutions to engage with various stakeholders, including academia 
and civil society representatives, through focused discussions and deep 
dives on specific rights – as well as on human rights budgeting and 
accountability. The aim of the consultations is identifying needs, good 
practices and tools that can assist the realization of ESCR at the country 
level.

Please find further details in the attached invitation and concept note.

Kindly indicate your availability to participate in the consultations by 11 
October to Ms. Therese Arnesen ( <mailto:[email-masked]> 
[email-masked]   ), who can also provide further information.

Best regards,

National Institutions and Regional Mechanisms Section (NIRMS)

Field Operations and Technical Cooperation Division (FOTCD)

United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)

Email:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Web:  <http://www.ohchr.org/> www.ohchr.org